Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The "extra charge" at the restaurant

I find it mildly amusing, yet annoying that each and every time I am ordering at a restaurant, the waiter or waitress always feels the need to interrupt my ordering by saying, "there's an extra 1.00 for that," or "that's an extra .50 cents."

First, if I'd rather order a side salad instead of having french fries, does she really think that I'm just going to say, "okay, scratch the salad, I'll just forgo my lifestyle because I'm too cheap to pay the extra 1.00 that you're going to charge me. I'll just have the greasy fries." NO!
But my favorite is ordering in one of those Mexican "chain" restaurants. Note, I'm a vegetarian so basically the only things I'll eat are veggies and beans there. It should be quite obvious to the people putting my food together that I don't eat meat when I say, "no meat, just extra vegetables." Then they look at me and say, "it will be a little extra." OKAY ASSHOLE... I don't eat fucking meat so do you really think I'm going to say, "scratch that, I'll just have the beef burrito!?"

On that note, don't you think it's crazy that they are charging MORE for veggies... I mean, meat is meat and I'm pretty sure that is the more "prized possession," but realistically I don't care. I mean I guess they HAVE to alert the customers about "extra charges," because there is always that asshole that will bitch and moan until a manager is brought over and then he gets his entire meal free. I guess they don't like giving out "free meals," as a rule of thumb so that's most likely why when people are getting hired for those jobs, they have a special day of training on "alerting the customer about extra charges."

Either way, they should just make a sign with a disclosure that reads, "extra charge for extra vegetables." They should also put that in the menu at those restaurants, "extra _____ for side salad or any other healtier option." That way, they don't have to point it out to me every fucking time.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home